General FAQs

Please see frequently asked questions below. If you have further questions, please contact Member Services at 800-642-6543 Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM EST.

Q. What is the PBUCC Employer Portal?

A.  The PBUCC employer Portal allows you the employer to view your monthly bill and pay online using a credit card or e-check.

Q.   What is an ACH transaction?

A.   ACH, the acronym for “Automated Clearing House,” is an electronic network for financial transactions in the United States used by banks, financial institutions and tens of thousands of businesses. ACH Payments are processed using a customer’s bank account information to deduct funds directly from a checking or savings account to pay for goods or services. It is a popular and efficient alternative to traditional credit card or paper check processing.

Q. What are the benefits of paying via ACH transaction, credit card, or e-check?

A.   Paying bills electronically eliminates the need to write checks, trips to the post office, buying stamps, and the possibility of a lost or stolen check. With online payment, payments are posted instantly, so you can be sure there is no interruption in benefit coverage. It’s fast, reliable, convenient, and most importantly, secure.

Q. I attempted to pay online but my transaction was declined why did this happen?

A.   Several of our employers have reported that their online payments have been declined.  Having your payment declined is usually due to one of the following: 

For e-Check - Insufficient funds in your account or entering an incorrect account number or other banking information - please check with your financial institution.
With Credit Card - Entering the wrong CC number, expiration or security code, entering a name or address information such as Zip code not exactly as it appears on your credit card account statement.
Please check your entries carefully before clicking to submit your payment.

Q. How can I sign up for the portal?

A.   Simply go to  You will need your employer 5 digit ID number and the email account we have on file for your org.  If you are a new user and the site does not allow you to register the most likely problem is you are using an email address which is not on file with us.  

Q.    Is the online billing easy to use?

A.   While the portal is very easy to use, we strongly recommend you read the user guide posted on the site.

Q. How do I pay our bill if we do not elect use of online billing?

A.  The Pension Boards will be transitioning to online payment only in the very near future however if you do not have access to a computer please contact Member Services to arrange continued payment by paper check. 
Q. Does PBUCC retain my banking or credit card information?

A.   If you pay your invoice online transactions are handled by VersaPay, a major Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant credit card processor. Because all financial transactions are handled by our trusted partners, PBUCC does not handle, see, know or retain your banking or credit card information.

Q. When are bills generated ?

A.    Bills are generated at the beginning of each month and include any amounts due for the current month plus any overdue payments.

Q.   What is an “employee transaction”?
A.   Employee transactions are any changes to an employee’s information such as address, phone, dependents, salary or hourly wage, benefit coverages, or contribution rate that you as the employer approve. These transactions were previously done via paper forms and letters.

Q. Who can I contact, if I have more questions?

A.  Please call Member Services at 1.800.642.6543.

Q. How can I update employees’ compensation?

ASign into the Employer Portal at, then click Compensation/Report Update.

Q. How can I update our mailing and email address?

APlease email Member Services at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to request the address and/or email update. The email should include the employer’s name, Employer ID number, and updated information.

Q. I cannot access the Employer Portal?

A. The employer online login email address must match the email address we have on file. To verify the email on file, please contact Member Services at 1.800.642.6543 for assistance.

Q. How do I submit an employee termination of employment?

A. You can complete the Termination of Benefits/Employment form. Once the form has been completed, please email to Member Services at 
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for processing. You can access this form on our website at

Q. How do I submit missing contribution?

A. You can submit a catch-up contribution check with a letter of instructions detailing whom it is for and how the funds should be applied. The letter must also include the member’s name, Member ID number, and applicable dates.

Q. If an active employee wants to change benefits, how do we proceed with changing the employee’s benefit?

A. You can submit the employee’s request to change plans by completing an Employee Change form. You can access the employee change form on the Employer Portal (, by clicking Forms on the top menu, or by clicking here.

Q. As an employer, how do I verify the benefits the member is currently enrolled?

A. You can review you monthly invoice. Under the member’s information, it lists a breakdown of benefits member is enrolled.

Q. As a new employer interested in participating in your plan, what forms do I need to complete to participate?

A. New employers must complete an Adoption Agreement and Church Plan Eligibility Certification. You can access and complete these forms on the employer portal under Plan Documents.  Once the information has been entered, a 5- digit employer ID number will be assigned.

Q. We are a new employer, and the Adoption Agreement and Church Eligibility Certification were submitted. To enroll the member which forms do I need to complete?

A. If the member is enrolling for the first time, the Annuity Plan Membership and Other Benefits form must be completed along with the Employee Retirement Contribution Agreement form (TSA) if participating in a TSA. You can access these forms on the PBUCC website,

Q. We are in the process of hiring a minister what percentage should the church contribute towards the Annuity Plan?

A. The General Synod of the UCC recommends that 14% of salary basis be contributed by the employer. For lay employees, a minimum of 3% is recommended.

Q. How long does it take for the salary update to reflect on the portal?

A. Once the salary update has been submitted, the updated information will reflect on the portal within 2 business days.

Q. If a mistake has been made while submitting a salary update, can I submit another update?

A. Yes. You can submit another salary update to correct the erroneous information.

Q. Am I required to submit all salary updates online?

A. Although we highly recommend updating salary and compensation online, you still have the option of submitting a salary update change form. However the process of submitting and updating a paper salary update form takes longer than updating online.